Cute crafts, nerdy crafts, frilly crafts, girly crafts, guy-friendly crafts, ALL THE CRAFTS!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Christmas in July! - DIY Ornaments

So, these don't really need too much of an explanation.  Our Yule tree is very much nerd-themed, so I figured we needed some new ornaments since the salt dough ones I made got eaten by mice in the storage room.  GRRR MICE!


All you'll need are some cheap ornaments (I used plastic, because, cats), tulip fabric paint, a pencil, and a sharpie (camera shy).


I free-handed the designs on with a pencil.  You have to be more careful on the glitter ones, but on these flat ones, they erase right off if you fuck it up and need to start over, which I did about 20 times on some of them.


Then, all that's left to do is just trace over your lines with puff paint and/or sharpies!  Just remember that the tulip paint will tend to spread some, so I used sharpies for the more detailed ones like the Moogle, here.

The rest is just photos of the ones I made for us with descriptions, so get inspired and have fun!


Vault 101 and Vault Boy.


STAR TREK!!


Mario 'shrooms.


Assassin's Creed.


Mario!


Santa belts...not so nerdy, but I just thought they were cute.


Crimson skull (Misfits)


Sims plumbob


Walter's white tulip.  (Fringe)


Cerberus (Mass Effect)


Fullmetal Alchemist


Global Dynamics (Eureka)


Horde (WoW) - this one is just glittery and you can't see the sharpie lines really IRL, but the camera flash was throwing all kinds of middle-finger at me.


Jack!

Enjoy!  As usual, I'd love feedback on any of the stuff posted here that you decide to try!! :)

<3WW

Listening to: 'After Lifeless Years' - Sylosis

No comments:

Post a Comment