Cute crafts, nerdy crafts, frilly crafts, girly crafts, guy-friendly crafts, ALL THE CRAFTS!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Simple Strand Bracelets


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
No, your memory is not failing you, nor is it that funny taste that may have been in your drink.  Although, if that actually happened, you may want to look into it.  You may have seen this post before.  In an attempt to make everything easier to navigate for everyone, I am working on transferring all of the old beauty and craft posts from the recipe blog to their appropriate homes on the newer wings.  I'll be only one a day so as not to clog up your feeds, so please bear with all the boring re-caps!
<3
-WW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

These easy things I came up with yesterday out of sheer boredom.  I haven't been crafting nearly as much as I'd like because my supplies have been dwindling and sadly, so has the budget.  I always seem to have parts for what I want to make, but not everything.






Cute, eh?





First off, get your supplies ready.  I used a few doodlebobbers I had lying around.  Miscellaneous broken jewelry parts, etc.  I was going to use the washer up there, but it was just too big for the look I was going for...Although, I have done the washer necklaces before in the past, and they come out adorable.  (LOVE tool parts and other unconventional items in jewelry.)  I wanted to use brown thread in place of the purple, but I was out so I pouted for about 3 seconds then picked purple.





Next, cut 2 equal lengths of the same color.  Or, I guess you could use 2 different ones if you're feeling like living life on the edge, you crazy bastard, you.   My threads were about 8 inches long each, but I trimmed quite a bit off in the end, I'm just majorly paranoid about not having enough string when I do stuff.





Next, fold each strand in half.  Take one strand and thread the folded loopy part through one side of your bauble of choice.


Then, take that thread's tail and bring it through the loop and pull it tight.





Repeat on the other side, then tie it on and trim the ends.  Done!  You could do some sort of fancy clasp if you wanted, I guess, but I never do when I make jewelry out of embroidery floss...To me, the fun part about this kind of stuff is that it is good for spring and summer.  You can play hard in them, shower in them, whatever...And if they break, its no biggie.  I usually end up getting tired of them after a month or two and cutting them off anyway.





Feel free to go nuts with these little guys.  It took me maybe 10 minutes to make all 3, pictures and all.  Meaning it only took ten minutes out of my "poor me, I'm bored" internal monologue, but they are cute.

<3
The Wookie Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment